Category : Study in australia
SSVF IN AUSTRALIA
The term “SSVF” refers to “SIMPLIFIED STUDENT VISA FRAMEWORK” , Which is list of changes made by Australian government in visa rules as compare to the old visa rules under “SVF” (streamlined visa Processing). Australian government dumped streamlined visa processing in favor of new student visa rules known as “SSVF” (simplified student visa framework). The new rules for “SSVF” were announced on 16th June 2015 but came into effect on 1st July 2016. The major purpose of making these changes in the rules is to make things simpler for genuine students and reduce red tape. Following are the list of changes that Australian government made to simplify Visa process under “SSVF” protocol.
LIST OF CHANGES IN SSVF:-
- The number of visa subclasses are now reduced from eight to two. The two subclasses are :- subclass 1 and subclass 2 for student and guardian respectively.
- A simplified single immigration framework has been introduced for all international students to replace “SVP” arrangements and the assessment level framework.
|Country Immigration risk rating|
|Education Provider Immigration risk rating||One||Streamlined||Streamlined||Streamlined|
“WHAT WILL REMAIN THE SAME IN SSVF TOO”
- Like in SVP, the student will be assessed on behalf of genuine temporary visa entrant criteria in SSVF.
- The department of immigration and border protection still have the rights to request for additional document from the applicants at their discretion.
- Criteria for getting post study visa will be the same for SSVF.
- The university will still need to manage it’s immigration risk by GTE, assessing high risk applicants and requiring our educational agents to vet applicants, they recruit to the University.