Every year, Canada accepts more than 350,000 students from abroad. Many foreign nationals must apply for a study permit if you wish to study at a Canadian educational institution. A study permit, once given, allows a foreign national to study for the duration of the prescribed course or program in Canada at an accredited institution. In some cases, you do not require a study permit to go to school in Canada:
1. If the length of the course or program you plan to study is less than 6 months.
2. If you are a member of a foreign representative's family or staff in Canada.
3. If you are a member of an armed force overseas.
1) A school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada must have admitted you.
2) You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
a) tuition fees;
b) Living expenses for you and any family members who come to Canada with you; and
c) Return transportation to Canada for you and your family members.
3) You need to be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not a risk to Canada's security. You may need to provide a certificate from the police.
4) You need to be in good health and ready, if possible, to complete a medical exam.
5) You must satisfy the immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) may also be required if the student is a citizen of a country from which a Temporary Resident Visa is required to enter Canada. A Temporary Resident Visa is not required for citizens of countries exempt from visa requirements.
Canada student visa process is perhaps one of the easiest student visa processes there is!! The reason being either your fit the bill to study in Canada or you don’t.
Once a probable candidate receives an offer letter. The following procedures need to be followed.
1. Original valid passport.
2. Family information form.
3. Visa application form.
4. Acceptance letter issued by the Canadian educational institution.
5. English language proficiency certificate.
6. Academic documents.
7. Fee receipt.
8. GIC certificate.
9. Medical certificate.
10. LOI (Letter of intent).
Canada Visa Online: This is a fairly simple and easy process to follow. The important aspect to remember while filling a visa online is to read the instructions carefully and fill each applicable form. Ensure to follow the below-mentioned points.
1. Document Checklist.
2. Complete the application.
3. Fees payment.
4. Application submission.
5. Wait for the result.
Canadian Visa Application: Any form of Canadian visa application can be found online and must be carefully identified and understood before filling the form. Some of the forms that can be found online are mentioned below.
1. Document Checklist.
2. Application for Canadian citizenship (Adults).
3. Application for Canadian citizenship (Minor).
4. Application to resume Canadian citizenship and many more.
Canada Study Visa Requirements: Canada, one of the most favored study destinations for international students. For a genuinely interested candidate, below are the pointers that must be kept in check.
1. Choosing from the many DLI (Designated Learning Institutions) and world-renowned educational institutions in Canada.
2. Choosing a course, you intend to pursue the basis your past academics.
3. Applying in the chosen Canadian educational institution.
4. Ensuring the finances are in check for your higher studies in Canada.
5. Housing or accommodation.
6. Career prospects post completion of studies.