The University of Adelaide, recently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world for veterinary science^, is running a study tour in July 2020 for international secondary school students who are interested in a career as a vet.
During the week-long study tour, students aged 16+ will gain practical animal handling experience, which will prepare them for entry to many Australian and overseas veterinary science programs.
During the program students will:
* Explore the possibilities of veterinary medicine and animal science as a career;
* Meet and talk with current students;
* Gain practical hands-on animal handling experience;
* Spend time in our $37 million purpose-built veterinary teaching hospital https://www.adelaide.edu.au/vetsci/centres/ and research facilities;
* Learn from our leading animal and veterinary researchers through exposure to small and large animals and workshops on animal pathology, surgery, animal nutrition, and behavior.
^ QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019