Australian student visa
Australia is a country with a diverse range of courses available. The framework for qualifications is a quality assured national system which has requisite educational recognition. Regardless of your field of study, Australian law promotes quality education.
Students who intend to pursue higher education in Australia need to apply for an Australian student visa online or in person at the embassy under the Visa subclass 500.
The Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500)
With this visa, you can live in Australia and study a registered full-time course. Eligible family members may also be included under this visa to accompany you to the country. This visa allows you to stay in the country for the duration of your course.
The fees for applying for a student visa can be checked here.
There may be some extra charges for any health assessments, English Proficiency tests, and certificates that you will be required to submit.
Australian student visa requirements
Before you apply for an Australian Student Visa online, the following requirements must be fulfilled: -
- You must have applied for and have been accepted to study a full-time registered course at one of the educational institutions in Australia.
- If you are under the age of 18 years, you must have organized adequate welfare arrangements for your intended duration of stay in Australia.
- You might also need to prove your proficiency in the English language with test scores of recognized English Language Proficiency Tests.
- You will need to be able to prove your financial capacity. You must have enough money to pay for the fee of your course, and to cover travel and living costs during your stay.
- You must also have adequate health insurance covering you while you are in the country.
- You must be able to provide proof that you meet the Visa health requirements.
- You will be required to submit appropriate character and police certificates with your application.
Looking for more specific assistance? Speak to our experts today!